It’s New Year’s Eve, so there’s just time for another list. Here are the 10 shows that stood out for me in 2018, in the order that I saw them.
- My Mum’s a Twat – Royal Court
- Network – National Theatre
- Quiz – Noel Coward Theatre
- The Lieutenant of Inishmore – Noel Coward Theatre
- Fun Home – Young Vic
- The Jungle – Playhouse Theatre
- Exit the King – National Theatre
- Antony and Cleopatra – National Theatre
- Company – Gielgud Theatre
- A Very Very Very Dark Matter – Bridge Theatre
As a massive Brief Encounter fan, I’d like to give a special mention to the revival of Emma Rice’s stage version at the Empire Cinema in London and to Posting Letters to the Moon, which I saw at the Mill at Sonning shortly afterwards. A perfect double bill.
Happy theatrical New Year!